Posts

Showing posts from March, 2020

Making Astral Collision (An RPG Maker MV Project) Part 26

Image
The big announcement is that I finally decided the interface for giving you information about who can use stuff you're crafting was wholly inadequate, so I fixed it.

I've also been adding more towns and NPCs, figured out the first leg of progression (gotta get to rank 2 to get a boat!), have added more skill sets and character skills, and added more enemies. Plus some other stuff I can't remember distinctly enough to list!

Making Astral Collision (An RPG Maker MV Project) Part 25

Image
This week, I've added a few new areas, pieces of equipment, and skill sets, but the biggest thing I've done is create an external tool to help me generate enemy stat blocks.

Making Astral Collision (An RPG Maker MV Project) Part 24

Image
It's been another busy week! I start by showing the journal, which I'd previously mentioned but then forgot to demonstrate. I then go into some massive changes to how skills are acquired in the form of Skill Sets, which was an idea I was considering last week. I also go over several new maps, pieces of equipment, skills, and items I've been working on.

Making Astral Collision (An RPG Maker MV Project) Part 23

Image
This week, aside from some small tweaks and bug fixes, I've implemented a largish starting dungeon area that I go over. I also discuss some additional NPCs that I've added for crafting and salvaging. Finally, I discuss some of my thoughts regarding a potentially massive change to how characters acquire skills.

Making Astral Collision (An RPG Maker MV Project) Part 22

Image
I did a lot of playtesting this week, which produced a ton of useful information about what things are important to my game to make it fun to play. There was a lot, some of it balance oriented (like increasing the number of weapons each character can wield), some of it very practical (like adding the ability to sit by a fire to advance to the part of the day cycle you want). Taken together, I feel like there was a lot of progress made this week!